Our Tuition Policy – Terms And Conditions
- Welcome to learning with Arabic Daily Support, this is a guide to our tuition policy. If you are returning to tuition with us after a short break take a moment to read this information as some things may have changed since you last took lessons. You can copy and save the information outlined below or request a physical copy.
- As a provider of education and learning, serving the needs of a variety of people, we operate a non-discriminatory policy. This means that regardless of nationality, gender, non-religious or religious persuasion/denomination this service is open to all. We also cannot accept intolerable behaviour, such as verbal abuse towards other beliefs, nationalities or towards tutors, whilst in any of the tuition settings.
- Whilst most private tuition is conducted on a one-to-one basis, couples and groups can usually be accommodated. If we are not able to offer you a tuition slot due to being over-subscribed or because of long distance we may be able to contact you as soon as a slot becomes available or you can follow our Twitter feed for updates.
1. What is the price of private tuition?
Our tuition rates are in line with fairest fees and are competitively priced but fees are often subject to review/change on a yearly basis. Please check website for rates or ask a tutor for details. Fees reflect a number of factors some of which are mentioned in the following list:
- Business taxes and rates.
- Business banking transaction charges.
- Website maintenance costs.
- Travel time & costs (where applicable).
- Advertising and Marketing.
Apart from the financial overheads there are also matters related to work behind the scene time:
- Administration and general management time.
2. Payment Options & Tuition Fees:
Once you know your preferred day, time, mode of tuition and subject level, you are ready to choose from a range of payment options.
You can opt to pay using one of the following methods:
- Monthly block booking (via advance manual bank transfers).
- Cash, deposited into our bank account.
- Automatic standing order (via set date bank transfers).
- Cheque payments (from schools and organisations only).
Advance monthly, block bookings to our bank account, at the beginning of each month is the preferred method of payment for most clients. Automatic bank standing order payments, on the 1st of each month, is preferred by others as it requires less maintenance and reminders.
3. Offers, Discounts and Reduced Fees:
Where an offer of tuition has been advertised at a discounted rate, unless stated otherwise, these offers will usually only last for a maximum of two months. The same is true for clients who have been offered tuition at a reduced rate via email or phone correspondence. These type of offers are typically made during the summer and usually last until the beginning of September. The reduced fee will then default back to the standard going rate for that lesson type, as set out on the website or in emails. There are no further reductions available on fees that have already been reduced.
4. PAYG (Pay As You Go):
The PAYG rate applies to individual sessions, one off lessons, late payments and where sessions are under three lessons in a given cycle.
5. Administration charges:
Unless you have informed Arabic Daily Support, in advance, via email, text, Skype message or in person about making payments for extra lessons, outside of your regular agreed lessons, these payments will incur an administration charge.
We do not take advance payments for more than one cycle/month at a time. So where a refund is due because of an overpayment this will carry an admin charge. Please make sure you only pay the stated amount and that the number of lessons have been agreed and that you cancel any standing orders on lessons which have expired/come to an end.
Payments made via PayPal carry an administration fee.
6. Long Distance Tuition (Outside of Locality):
Most distances/locations, within Croydon, are measured from this postcode point: CR7 6AU – Thornton Heath Pond/Thornton Heath Bus Garage, A23 London Road, Croydon, South London, England, UK.
Due to time and traffic considerations tuition at your home may not apply to these areas, or parts of these areas, during weekdays; Peckham, Deptford, Catford, Grove Park, Clapham, Sutton, Morden, Wimbledon, New Malden, Coulsdon, Whyteleafe, Bickley, West Wickham and New Addington. This does not mean that we do not travel to these areas, or longer distances, it is down to tutor availability in these areas and lesson time.
Current policy stipulates a minimum, flat rate, fee for any travelling for assessments and tuition of 2 miles and over, from the Croydon post code above. Alternatively please enquire about online or weekend tuition.
7. Assessments For Home Tuition In London:
Assessments for home tuition are FREE, Monday to Thursday 10am-6pm. Assessments usually last up to 30-40 minutes. Free assessments are not usually available outside of these times, outside our locality or on weekends (Friday to Sunday).
8. Online Tuition & Assessments In the UK & Internationally:
Online assessments between July and September, Monday to Thursday 10am-6pm, are FREE anywhere in the UK/abroad. The first assessment appointment is free but there may be a charge for missed appointments that need to be rescheduled.
Further online sessions require email registration and payment in advance, via PayPal or bank transfer. Once payment has been processed lessons can begin. Payments cover lessons up until the end of each month, all lessons should be taken before the beginning of the new cycle/month. Online tuition is usually offered within England, Scotland, Wales & Ireland, but not limited to UK.
9. Tips for learning online, do's and don'ts:
- Do try to establish a connection via Skype prior to your appointment to rectify any issues regarding sound or change of device etc. You may need to first create a Skype account if you do not currently have one.
- Your laptop or ipad should be on a flat or stable surface. Lessons in bed or other shaky surface can affect the quality of sound as movement can be heard through the mic, even when you do not hear it.
- Other distracting sounds include young children or loud family members in the background, noisy pets such as tweeting birds, barking dogs, or a TV left on or an open window near to a busy main street. If you are able to move your computer please do so before the lesson starts.
- Having snacks at the time of lessons not only affects your speech and pronunciation of words/letters but eating sounds also travels through the microphone.
- If you do not have a headset or external mic you will need to be very close to the mic on your computer.
- Reception and signal quality may vary and depends on broadband speed, your location and the amount of users using software such as Skype at any given time. Any dropped calls, as a result of reception issues, usually reconnect within seconds. You may need to reboot Skype for other connection problems.
10. Writing Materials & Books:
Clients/Students are expected to provide their own writing materials, exercise and text books. Any requests for tutor to purchase materials or books may include a delivery charge.
All writing materials, exercise books and text books should be prepared and ready by the time the tutor arrives or by the time lesson is due to begin to avoid time wasted looking for books, pens, homework etc.
11. Food, Drink & Long Conversation:
Your tutor thanks you in advance for your kind offers of food & cakes when visiting your home but such offers may not be accepted. Your tutor will however accept juice or water. As much as your tutor may also love to indulge in long conversation this is often more appropriate before or after lessons, depending on time and other commitments. Your tutor intends no offence but these, or other things, may be declined to maintain minimal distraction during lessons. This is also to avoid being late for other clients who may be expecting tuition afterward or having a knock on effect on your own family plans and appointments.
12. Home Visits:
Your tutor cannot be held responsible for child minding, guarding a house and/or household effects, during tutoring. It is the responsibility of the student and/or nominee to ensure that a responsible adult is on the premises at all times.
13. Cancellations, Missed Lessons & Refunds:
a) We do not require a 48 hour, 24 hour or even a 12 hour notice of cancellation, although the more advance notice that is given the better, this will enable us to offer someone else the vacant slot.
b) Lessons can sometimes be rescheduled, at no cost to you, if a minimum of just 6 hours notice is given — We appreciate the fact that urgent matters crop up from time to time. An early email, call or text message, to the tutors phone, clarifying the reason will suffice when making a cancellation. Please be aware that if you do send a late notification the tutor may not be able to see or respond to your message or answer your call due to being in a lesson. Therefore the tutor will be unlikely to acknowledge or confirm receipt of any messages sent without allowing for sufficient time.
c) Unless sufficient advance notice is given confirming your cancellation, or unavailability, a cancellation charge will apply at the rate of the lesson cancelled or missed. A doorstep cancellation or cancellation shortly before tutor is due to arrive will not normally count as sufficient advance notice.
d) As an online or advance paying client if you had paid for a lesson and gave notice confirming a cancellation, but no suitable date or time could be rescheduled for a replacement lesson, in that current payment cycle, you have the option of making the payment roll-over to the following month or a refund.
e) Refunds for clients using standing orders, manual bank payments/advance bank transfers, will be refunded back into your account.
f) If you have taken an assessment and then paid for your course of lessons, or you have already paid and taken your first lesson of a monthly block booking, you have until 5 hours before the next scheduled (and not a rescheduled) lesson is due to cancel further lessons. In these instances we can offer you a refund on the balance of your payment.
g) In all other instances, such as cash payments, where a tuition cycle has begun and you have taken the first lesson in a cycle of lessons we operate a no refund policy. This also applies where you have taken two or more lessons in a monthly block.
h) Tutors reserve the right to refuse or discontinue service/tuition for late or non-payment of fees.
i) Where found or notified, tutors reserve the right to terminate, without refund, any lesson/s where criminal, deceptive or other unacceptable behaviour is displayed by the student/s, or other individual/s. This is regardless of whether this takes place within or outside of the tuition settings. This is left to tutor discretion to decide in such instances.
j) Although lesson and payment reminders may occasionally be sent out this remains the primary responsibility of clients in receipt of lessons. Please set up a weekly/monthly lesson and or payment reminder.
k) For permanent cancellations please provide sufficient advanced notice to either/or both the tutor contact details and our email address.
14. Holidays / Non-Tuition Days & Bad Weather:
Please inform of any upcoming travel arrangements well in advance.
Private tuition may either not be available or may be scaled back throughout the days of Eid ul Fitr and Eid ul Adha (at the end of the month of Ramadhan and during the month of Dhul Hijah) or the beginning of the Islamic New Year.
There may also be limited tuition/tutor availability during mid March to mid June, when students will need extra help with GCSE Arabic exams.
Tuition services may often continue during summer holidays, bank holidays, Easter and Christmas. Please seek confirmation so that you are not charged for a lesson which you thought may not take place, due to a bank holiday etc. Unless you are informed otherwise, or unless you clarify with us about your unavailability during these times of the year, lessons are expected to take place on these days.
We do not charge for tuition cancelled due to extremely bad weather. Payments can either be carried forward, to the following week/month, to make-up for a missed tuition slot or refunded.
You will be kept informed of any other absences in advance. In the event of any disruption to service due to personal, family or work related reasons or due to traffic or similar delays it is the responsibility of tutee, as well as the tutor, to keep the other party informed and updated regarding such delays.
15. Course contract/duration of lessons.
Lessons are subject to a trial period where client and tutor decide whether they will continue with said lessons. The trial period is usually a two to three month period after which lessons are set for a further three months. Thereafter lessons are given on a six month basis. Both tutor and client are free to cancel within the aforementioned cancellation window. Lessons are not continued on an indefinite or permanent basis so please do check to make sure that your lessons will be continuing past each six month course contract block.
Private tuition serves as an excellent aid to study but private tuition is not a substitute for specific homework or revision, which remains the responsibility of the student. We understand that students may often have other homework and revision but these should be organised, as much as is possible, in such a way as not to adversely affect your lessons with us, whether GCSE or Quran etc.
Arabic Daily and your tutor can provide GCSE Arabic and Quranic Arabic students with the resources, support and encouragement necessary to succeed but Arabic Daily and your tutor accepts no responsibility for an individual failing to achieve targets or grades.
We try to ensure that the information on this website is accurate and up to date and we endeavour to provide a prompt and reliable service. However some changes, for example to programmes, sessions, courses, slots, availability, facilities or fees may become necessary due to legitimate staffing, organisational, financial, academic or regulatory reasons.
In such circumstances Arabic Daily will, where possible: 1. endeavour to keep any changes to a minimum; 2. take reasonable steps to minimise disruption to students; and 3. keep students informed by email or other communication. If parents, students, teachers or other party/person require further information or confirmation of any matter they should contact the Arabic Daily Support Team: email@example.com or 0786 786 2520.
Good luck with your learning and thank you in advance for your co-operation.
Kind regards wa Salam
Arabic Daily Support Team